Keep a backpack rescue kit in your backpack for emergencies. This is the scaled-down version of our popular Roadside Rescue Kit for vehicles.
- Notebook and pencil
- Chalk, for marking sidewalks with directions or alerts
- A bottle of water
- Plastic food storage container with kibble inside
- Another plastic food storage container nested below the above, for a water bowl
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- Nylon slip-noose lead
- Bandanna (in a pinch, can become a towel, a muzzle, a collar, etc.)
- Whistle (to get a lot of attention in an emergency)
- Travel pack of handy wipes
- Swiss army knife or Leatherman or similar
Share this list with others.